It is often said that children represent the future of a country. If that is true, then Americans have reason to be concerned about the future of the nation. A new nationwide survey among adults conducted by the American Culture...
What is a “SAGE Con?”
A Spiritually Active Governance Engaged Conservative.
- 91% of SAGE Cons oppose same-sex marriage.
- Three out of four SAGE Cons (75%) are angry about the current state of America.
- Nine out of ten (89%) of SAGE Cons believe it will be harder to openly live as a Christian family in America in the future.
- In total, 92% of SAGE Cons believe that children who are exposed to church services are better off for the experience, while 94% say children are better off when exposed to the Bible. In contrast, large majorities of SAGE Cons say children are worse off when exposed to popular music, current movies, video games, social media exchanges, and most website content.
- The majority of SAGE Cons – 89% - are either “not too” or “not at all” satisfied with the state of children in the areas of academics and schooling; and 94% are “not too” or “not at all” satisfied with how well America’s children are being prepared for the future.
- Regarding academics and schooling, spiritual development, relational skills, preparation for the future, citizenship responsibilities, morals and values, ability to thrive independently, and worldview development, the overwhelming majority of SAGE Cons – at least four out of five in each of these areas – claim that parents are primarily responsible for the development and maturity of children ages 5 to 13.
- More than nine out of ten SAGE Cons said children should read and study the U.S. Constitution (98%) and that they should know how the branches of government work (95%).
- A large majority of SAGE Cons (98%) said children should be competent at basic personal money management skills by the time they graduate from high school.
- America at the Crossroads $20.00